How do I prepare for my sedation appointment?
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- If you take any medication daily (blood pressure medicine, fluid pills, etc.) continue to take these medications in your regular dosage unless otherwise instructed by your oral surgeon. You may take sips of water to swallow these pills.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and escort the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.